Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Resuming a simulation from a previous run at a time the solver could not converge

Malik M Tahiyat Plasma Physics and Chemistry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was running a simulation a 2D axisymmetric plasma DC discharge. Unfortunately, after 2 days of ruuning, at one of the time intervals, the simulation stopped with the following error:

"Nonlinear solver did not converge. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Time: 2.4364424006683502e-06 s. Last time step is not converged."

Is there any way I can resume my simulation from the aforementioned time interval (2.43E-6s) onwards?

N.B. I tried creating a new study starting from 2.43E-6 s by taking initial conditions from the previous study (that crashed out) at that particular time but it did not seem to give dependable results.

-------------------
Thanking you,
-Malik M Tahiyat
Graduate Research Assistant,
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of South Carolina (USC)
300 Main Street, Room A 137
Phone: +1(803)-318-0274

0 Replies Last Post May 1, 2020, 6:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Malik M Tahiyat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.