Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set "Electric mode field" for listener ports?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

In wave optics module(COMSOL 5.2a.) I want to define a 6-port domain . (lambda = 500[nm])

I want to excite port#1 and read the powers arrive to another ports.

so , I define ports on wall of the Block domain. I also create exterior layer outside the domain and set it as a PML layer to absorb the received power on ports.

I define "user defined" ports. I set x component of incident electric field to 1 (Einc = Ex) and also propagation constant to abs(kbz) . ( = ewfd.k0 * cos(theta) )

The structure is attached.

My question is :

1.what is the meaning of "propagation constant" for listener ports (port#2,3,4,5,6) and in this case what should I set to ?

2.what is the meaning of "electric mode field" for listener ports(port#2,3,4,5,6) and in this case what should I set to ?

1. Does any body have the same experience about this issue?

Thanks !

0 Replies Last Post May 2, 2020, 2:25 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hamid Hamidzadeh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.