Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Help (new user)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a new user of the COMSOL software, and I was wondering if you guys can orientate me on how to best simulate the heat transfer of air in a closed incubator, which also has a fan located inside to help disperse the heat.

I want to compare analyze different materials and compare their insulating properties (for the incubator), as well as, study the impact of the incubator geometry on the fluid flow/transfer.

Any help that you can provide would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post May 4, 2020, 10:22 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 4, 2020, 10:22 a.m. EDT

Hello, You could use physics interface such as "Conjugate Heat Transfer" (you would choose either laminar flow or turbulent flow version of the interface, depending on the air speed inside the incubator). When you choose Add Physics > Conjugate Heat Transfer (Laminar Flow) you will see that COMSOL inserts two interfaces into your model: (1) Heat Transfer in Solids and Fluids (this interface solves for temperature, T) (2) Laminar Flow (this interface solves for velocity, u, and pressure, p)

-DW

Hello, You could use physics interface such as "Conjugate Heat Transfer" (you would choose either laminar flow or turbulent flow version of the interface, depending on the air speed inside the incubator). When you choose Add Physics > Conjugate Heat Transfer (Laminar Flow) you will see that COMSOL inserts two interfaces into your model: (1) Heat Transfer in Solids and Fluids (this interface solves for temperature, T) (2) Laminar Flow (this interface solves for velocity, **u**, and pressure, p) -DW

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.