Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining boundary conditions for a periodic structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you can help me with this. I'm trying to model a piezoelectric stack containing a number of disks as an actuator in comsol. For lower numbers of disks I can manually select the boundaries for which I want to apply the boundary conditions. However, for larger numbers of disks (e.g. 700 disks), this is not viable. For my case, I'm intending to apply an Electrical Potential condition on the upper surfaces of the disks, and a Ground condition on the lower surfaces of the disks. I'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post May 12, 2020, 1:28 a.m. EDT
Andres Felipe Jaramillo Alvarado

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 12, 2020, 1:28 a.m. EDT

You can try to use the "Array" component in the geometry definition for your simulation. This often solve that problem.

First doy the array and then only after that, select the domain/bondary conditions for each physics interface, after that, Comsol usually remap the identifier of edges and domains after that process.

You can try to use the "Array" component in the geometry definition for your simulation. This often solve that problem. First doy the array and then only after that, select the domain/bondary conditions for each physics interface, after that, Comsol usually remap the identifier of edges and domains after that process.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.