Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current density distribution on an electrode and cathode growth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone, I would like to look at current density distribution on electrodes in an electrochemical cell. I have the electrochemistry module. I have applied voltage boundary conditions on the top surface of the cathode and anode. Is it possible to get current density distribution by only applying voltage conditions only on the top surface or should we specify the surfaces of the electrodes? Also, can cathode growth be looked at by the electrochemistry module or do I need the electrodeposition module for that?

1 Reply Last Post May 29, 2020, 8:16 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago May 29, 2020, 8:16 p.m. EDT

In order to observe the current density distribution on electrodes due to applied potential, you can couple the electric currents(ec) physics with electrostatics(es), both under the AC/DC module. That is what we are doing in my research group.

In order to observe the current density distribution on electrodes due to applied potential, you can couple the electric currents(ec) physics with electrostatics(es), both under the AC/DC module. That is what we are doing in my research group.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.