Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a Temporary Flux Discontinuity BC

Rogelio Garcia Fernandez Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Thank you for reading my post.

I want to define a temporary flux discontinuity boundary condition in a Transport of Diluted Species simulation (time-dependent). I want to control the flux of a chemical species through a barrier. I know how to block the diffusion process by defining a flux discontinuity equal to "zero." However, I do not know how to stop the flux discontinuity. How could I stop the flux discontinuity at a specific time?

I was thinking about using a step-function that goes from a flux value of zero to whatever value the overall diffusion process allows. If I attend this procedure, how can I define the dependent total flux? (the total flux that is being calculated in the simulation; how do I define a dependent variable in a BC?)

0 Replies Last Post Jun 11, 2020, 11:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rogelio Garcia Fernandez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.