Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Questions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi i have 2 question -how to right for example 10 power of 2 in comsol -I'm doing heat transfer in solids and i want to take the maximal value of temperature so when i simulate i get 3 different value from : -temperature surface -isovalue -isothermes which max temperature should i take from the 3 and pls can i get explanation for the 3 terms.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 18, 2020, 12:03 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 18, 2020, 12:03 p.m. EDT

For powers of 10 use the standard notation: 1e2 is short for 1 × 10². In general, you can use the ^ operator for powers, so a^b stands for a elevated to the power b

I don't understand what you mean with the rest of your question.

For powers of 10 use the standard notation: `1e2` is short for `1 × 10²`. In general, you can use the `^` operator for powers, so `a^b` stands for `a elevated to the power b` I don't understand what you mean with the rest of your question.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.