Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The coupling matrix of PDMS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,I am doing simulation,I mainly study the piezoelectric effect of PDMS,and I am in need of Coupling matrix values of PDMS.Materials in the repository do not provide this parameter,Can someone give me some information?Looking forward to your reply~ Thank you !

2 Replies Last Post Jul 3, 2020, 9:34 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 20, 2020, 5:49 a.m. EDT

Hi Chang,

polymers can have a very wide range of piezoelectric properties. I would recommend to start with PVDF which is in the materials library. For accurate values of your PDMS polymer you will need to inquire with the manufacturer or measure it yourself.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Chang, polymers can have a very wide range of piezoelectric properties. I would recommend to start with PVDF which is in the materials library. For accurate values of your PDMS polymer you will need to inquire with the manufacturer or measure it yourself. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 3, 2020, 9:34 a.m. EDT

Dear Kaiser Thank you very much for your reply. I will continue my study.

Dear Kaiser Thank you very much for your reply. I will continue my study.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.