Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in PARDISO back substitution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone:
I am a green horn in using COMSOL. Now I am simulating a 90 degree bend waveguide. I use the Harmonic propagation. And the outside boundary is scattering boundary condition.
But COMSOL tell me "Error 7195" and "Error in PARDISO back substitution".
Would you tell me how to slove this problem?

2 Replies Last Post Sep 14, 2010, 10:59 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 31, 2009, 6:40 p.m. EDT
I model waveguide parts all the time, but I'm not sure of the cause of the error in your particular case. However, I will offer some advice. If you don't actually have a radiating aperture somewhere, then don't use a scattering boundary condition anywhere. Use the port boundary condiitions instead for the waveguide openings and use perfect conductors for their walls.
I model waveguide parts all the time, but I'm not sure of the cause of the error in your particular case. However, I will offer some advice. If you don't actually have a radiating aperture somewhere, then don't use a scattering boundary condition anywhere. Use the port boundary condiitions instead for the waveguide openings and use perfect conductors for their walls.

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 14, 2010, 10:59 a.m. EDT
If you change the lambda0 or free space wavelength to a larger value it will get past this error but it then is solving for a different frequency. Also the port area needs to be a ~100 times smaller than the wavelength.
If you change the lambda0 or free space wavelength to a larger value it will get past this error but it then is solving for a different frequency. Also the port area needs to be a ~100 times smaller than the wavelength.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.