Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to join two components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have two components, one represents the femur bone and the other an implant. I want to study applied forces to this implant but first i have join these two components in a way that can be seen in the picture. Any ideas on how to do that? ![https://www.sciencephoto.com/media/520505/view/prosthetic-hip-joint-and-gruen-zones]

3 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2020, 1:13 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 8:34 a.m. EDT

Margarida,

any two domains sharing a boundary are joined by default as long as you choose the default form union at the end of the geometry sequence.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Margarida, any two domains sharing a boundary are joined by default as long as you choose the default form union at the end of the geometry sequence. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 11:03 a.m. EDT

Thank you for your help. I've tried an automatic union but the components don't seem to align in a right way as seen in the picture.

Thank you for your help. I've tried an automatic union but the components don't seem to align in a right way as seen in the picture.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 1:13 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 2:35 p.m. EDT

Yes the patient might be a little unhappy with such a result. You can translate and rotate the parts for proper alignment.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Yes the patient might be a little unhappy with such a result. You can translate and rotate the parts for proper alignment.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.