Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Numerical Wave Tank

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am simlating numerical wave tank in COMSOL 5.4. I do my simulation with Twophase_Flow ,Phase Field & Moving Mesh.

I worked 2 models. Model 1 is 30 meters width & 5 meters height. Model 2 is 500 millimeters width & 200 millimeters height. Also, I define the waveform and step functions in definitons to simulate the wave maker. I confused that I changed angular frequency in the waveform function, and give times that range (0,0.1,10), the result is not converged. the study of ‘Time Dependent’ just converge from 0 to 1 second, but cannot converge from 0 to 10 second. Model 2 has no problem. Maybe the reasons are the followings: 1. The definition of waveform or step function, 2. The definition of Laminar Flow/ Phase Field. So what can I do to optimize my models and work out the problems.

Regards

Joey

0 Replies Last Post Jun 26, 2020, 9:05 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joey Mai

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.