Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot y+ in Low Reynolds k-Epsilon Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks!

Does anyone know how to plot the y+ (wall lift off in viscous units) in a Low Reynolds
k-Epsilon Model interface?

I am having difficulties accomplishing it...

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

1 Reply Last Post Mar 23, 2012, 4:03 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 23, 2012, 4:03 a.m. EDT
Hi

I don't know about the Low Reynolds number model, but if wall functions are used, then you do as follows:

1. Select a 2-D plot group, with the data-set from your RANS solver.
2. In that group, make a line-plot. I tried doing a 2-d plot but then there is no way to acces the y+ values.

Maybe there are some other way, but I hope this helps.
Hi I don't know about the Low Reynolds number model, but if wall functions are used, then you do as follows: 1. Select a 2-D plot group, with the data-set from your RANS solver. 2. In that group, make a line-plot. I tried doing a 2-d plot but then there is no way to acces the y+ values. Maybe there are some other way, but I hope this helps.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.