Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post processing: Applying a simple exponentially decaying weighting of average fluxes over a domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

All, I am simulating an optical biosensor probing a 2D domain at an interface. After I have a solution andmove to postprocessing I want to mimick the expeonetial decay (penetration depth ~300nm) in senstitvty with distance from the optical interface using a simple exponentially weighting of the average fluxes over a domain. I want to plot this flux in time since the solution includes timesetepping. I can do it by creating many seperate component couplings (point averages) and then adding a weiging factor term to each and then average them all using a sum of all expression in the Global-line graph readout. I can easily apply x,y dependent functions to regions of components using the funtions(f(x)) tab when definging my component model so is there a simialr way to apply such expressions when plotting a line graph in postrocessed . Many thanks for thinking on this, John.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 22, 2020, 2:19 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Quinn

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.