Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to obtain the a0 (Inward acceleration) of a transducer in water?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am simulating an accoustic chamber using water. In the pressure accoustics node, Comsol requests an a0 value or inward accelaration. I know this is an experimental value, but is there any source where I can get plausible a0 value for transducers vibrating in water? at least which order of magnitude could it be?

Best regards,

1 Reply Last Post Jul 22, 2020, 4:15 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 22, 2020, 4:15 a.m. EDT

Karina,

this depends on the type of transducer and may vary by orders of magnitude. In the first place it does not really matter, because pressure acoustics is linear and it is thus only a scaling factor. If you know e.g. input power to the specific transducer you should be able to make an estimate based on the transducer geometry.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Karina, this depends on the type of transducer and may vary by orders of magnitude. In the first place it does not really matter, because pressure acoustics is linear and it is thus only a scaling factor. If you know e.g. input power to the specific transducer you should be able to make an estimate based on the transducer geometry. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.