Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

structural mechanics module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi COMSOL users,

I am new to COMSOL and I am using structural mechanics , plane strain with fluid structure interaction module.I followed the example in the model library and with repeated inspections my model set up looks alright.bBut it gives me 'undefined value found' error. I would really appreciate if someone could give me some tips to solve the problem.
Thank you,
Manohar

5 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2011, 5:15 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 6, 2009, 7:06 p.m. EDT
I am having the same problem. When using integration coupling variables (for global destination, use for global equation) I get the same error. Why doesnt it say which value is not defined?
I am having the same problem. When using integration coupling variables (for global destination, use for global equation) I get the same error. Why doesnt it say which value is not defined?

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 7, 2009, 4:30 a.m. EDT
Hi,
I think that the problem is due to the definition of the expression. Please check if the expression you try to integrate is correclty defined "inside" the domain. As example, if you ask comsol to calculate the exspression "u" in the point x0,y0, which is outside the domain, comsol returs the error "undefined value found"

I hope this may help you

Good luck

Pasquale
Hi, I think that the problem is due to the definition of the expression. Please check if the expression you try to integrate is correclty defined "inside" the domain. As example, if you ask comsol to calculate the exspression "u" in the point x0,y0, which is outside the domain, comsol returs the error "undefined value found" I hope this may help you Good luck Pasquale

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 23, 2009, 5:06 p.m. EST
so then how to include those points inside the domain?

thanks.

Hi,
I think that the problem is due to the definition of the expression. Please check if the expression you try to integrate is correclty defined "inside" the domain. As example, if you ask comsol to calculate the exspression "u" in the point x0,y0, which is outside the domain, comsol returs the error "undefined value found"

I hope this may help you

Good luck

Pasquale

so then how to include those points inside the domain? thanks. [QUOTE] Hi, I think that the problem is due to the definition of the expression. Please check if the expression you try to integrate is correclty defined "inside" the domain. As example, if you ask comsol to calculate the exspression "u" in the point x0,y0, which is outside the domain, comsol returs the error "undefined value found" I hope this may help you Good luck Pasquale [/QUOTE]

Eivind Sjøtun Simonsen

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 12, 2010, 6:26 a.m. EST
I'm having the same problem. It seems that the mesh creates points which should be at the boundary of my model, by is outside the model domain. The problem occurs when I attach perfectly matched layers to my model. Removing these, removes the problem, but then I don't get the result I'm after.
I'm having the same problem. It seems that the mesh creates points which should be at the boundary of my model, by is outside the model domain. The problem occurs when I attach perfectly matched layers to my model. Removing these, removes the problem, but then I don't get the result I'm after.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 15, 2011, 5:15 p.m. EDT
I also come across this problem now. Have you guys known how to solve it? Can you share your method with me? Thx a lot!
I also come across this problem now. Have you guys known how to solve it? Can you share your method with me? Thx a lot!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.