Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interference problem matlab - comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I have a problem, I am working comsol with matlab. I run my code in matlab, it generates an error, I import the geometry in comsol to solve the error and it won't save i have an interference problem. I would like to know if there is a way to keep the two software together avoiding exit from server and re-entering comsol. Thanks in advance

4 Replies Last Post Sep 26, 2020, 12:58 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 7, 2020, 3:01 a.m. EDT

From Matlab you can execute the command mphlaunch which will open the Comsol GUI. You can then operate on the same model using both Matlab and the Comsol GUI at the same time.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
From Matlab you can execute the command mphlaunch which will open the Comsol GUI. You can then operate on the same model using both Matlab and the Comsol GUI at the same time.

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 10, 2020, 9:14 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Sep 10, 2020, 9:22 p.m. EDT

Thank you very much for the recommendation of that command. Now it doesn't allow saving in comsol if I modify something in comsol. My question is, is the GUI only graphic and on the other hand I would have to add a command in matlab to save it, could you advise me some? I use mphsave (model, '' C: \ Program Files \ COMSOL \ COMSOL54 / wearyes') but it is not saving.

Finally, sometimes the solver process is delayed, and I'm curious about the status of the process. I can see the bar status of the process. As it is connected to the serve I have not found the command.

Thank you very much in advance

Thank you very much for the recommendation of that command. Now it doesn't allow saving in comsol if I modify something in comsol. My question is, is the GUI only graphic and on the other hand I would have to add a command in matlab to save it, could you advise me some? I use mphsave (model, '' C: \ Program Files \ COMSOL \ COMSOL54 / wearyes') but it is not saving. Finally, sometimes the solver process is delayed, and I'm curious about the status of the process. I can see the bar status of the process. As it is connected to the serve I have not found the command. Thank you very much in advance

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 24, 2020, 5:41 a.m. EDT

When Matlab and the Comsol GUI have the same model open you can either save the model using mphsave(model) or you can save the model from the GUI. There is no difference between the two methods.

If you find any problems then please describe with more detail what you do and what happens. Please state any error messages you may see.

You can show Comsol's progress bar by using this command ModelUtil.showProgress

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
When Matlab and the Comsol GUI have the same model open you can either save the model using mphsave(model) or you can save the model from the GUI. There is no difference between the two methods. If you find any problems then please describe with more detail what you do and what happens. Please state any error messages you may see. You can show Comsol's progress bar by using this command ModelUtil.showProgress

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 26, 2020, 12:58 a.m. EDT

thank you. But that Progress bar command does not work for me, and it generates an error, I work with version 5.4. Is there a problem? I saw that same command in the live link for matlab manual. On the other hand, could you recommend me info about Boundary ODE's related with solid mechanics specific in wear problem, I am updating a geometry, every time a sphere passes over a plane, repeatedly. My case is similar to this example https://br.comsol.com/paper/simulating-wear-in-disc-brakes-18999

Thank you very much in advance

thank you. But that Progress bar command does not work for me, and it generates an error, I work with version 5.4. Is there a problem? I saw that same command in the live link for matlab manual. On the other hand, could you recommend me info about Boundary ODE's related with solid mechanics specific in wear problem, I am updating a geometry, every time a sphere passes over a plane, repeatedly. My case is similar to this example https://br.comsol.com/paper/simulating-wear-in-disc-brakes-18999 Thank you very much in advance

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.