Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hydration reaction in a porous bed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am new to COMSOL and I working on a simulation of Thermochemical Energy Storage system for my master. The hydration reaction which needs to be simulated is as follows: K2CO3(s) + 1.5 H20(g) <=> K2CO3.H2O(s) + Heat

And with the following reaction model:

Where:

• Alpha is the extent of conversion
  • Af is the pre-exponential factor in [1/min]
  • Ea is the activation energy in J/mol
  • R is the gas constant in J/kg/K
  • T is the temperature in K
  • p_w is the water vapour pressure in Pa
  • p_eq is the equilibrium water vapour pressure in Pa

I am currently using the Brinkman equations, the Transport of diluted species in porous media and the Chemistry modules. How can I model the conversion of a solid into another solid after adsorption of the water vapour?

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Thanks for any help!

Ben Odinot

0 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2020, 9:14 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ben Odinot

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.