Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electromechanical actuator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'd like to set up a model of an electrostatic micromotor, and I am not quite sure which moduls to use. The aim is to measure the displacement of the rotor wings in case of coupling voltage on a specific stator pole (see scheme: mot.jpg). Is there any modul or application mode that enables the fixing of the rotor inner perimeter such that a rotation happens when electrostatic force is exerted on a wing's side (and not bending when using plane stress modul)?
I'd really appreciate your answers!

Zoltan

1 Reply Last Post Jan 25, 2010, 7:40 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010, 7:40 a.m. EST
Hi

Thre are a few examples of stepper motors in the ACDC doc, and in the model library on the web, including ALE approach to get the innter part to rotate using assembly mode and boundary pairs.

Check the doc and start "simple" first.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Thre are a few examples of stepper motors in the ACDC doc, and in the model library on the web, including ALE approach to get the innter part to rotate using assembly mode and boundary pairs. Check the doc and start "simple" first. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.