Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impose a value at boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am using the AC/DC module in 2D, solving for the magnetic potential Az.
I would like to impose the value of Az on a boundary. How do I do that? I can only choose magnetic insulation, continuity, etc...

Thanks in advance.

K

1 Reply Last Post Jan 25, 2010, 7:51 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2010, 7:51 a.m. EST
Hi
I have also Magnetic potenrial Az in my list (in "qa" mode I have 5 choices, in "emqa" 6) thats normally enough no ?

What is it doing to the physics on the boundary ?
Well comsol adds a constriant on Az i.e.: -Az+A0z_emqa = 0 and a constraint force test(-Az+A0z_emqa), where A0z_emqa is the value you define on the border

But I'm running V3.5a, its useful to define [3.5a emqa] in the subject o your questions (or whatever version/module you are referring to), its helps for us other out here to better uderstand as there is quite some difference with the latest evolution of COMSOL (positive evolution for the users, I mean).

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have also Magnetic potenrial Az in my list (in "qa" mode I have 5 choices, in "emqa" 6) thats normally enough no ? What is it doing to the physics on the boundary ? Well comsol adds a constriant on Az i.e.: -Az+A0z_emqa = 0 and a constraint force test(-Az+A0z_emqa), where A0z_emqa is the value you define on the border But I'm running V3.5a, its useful to define [3.5a emqa] in the subject o your questions (or whatever version/module you are referring to), its helps for us other out here to better uderstand as there is quite some difference with the latest evolution of COMSOL (positive evolution for the users, I mean). Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.