Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error with Initial Value / BC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Basically I have a model with laminar flow, transport of diluted species (tds), and current distribution (cd). If I run laminar flow and tds together there is no issue.

If I use laminar flow, tds, and cd together the it works for an electrolyte potential of 0.2 Volts or less. However if I make the potential anything higher (0.3V for example), I get the error: "failed to find consistent initial values: last time step is not converged". What can I do to fix this? I have verified all my physics and BCs are correctly defined. Additionally, the mesh should not be causing the issue.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 5, 2021, 2:19 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Scott Burlison

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.