Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with Accurate flux integration using Darcy's law module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a problem about "Computing Accurate Fluxes" using Darcy's law module. According to the help document "Computing Accurate Fluxes", I used the "reacf(u)" way and integrate on the boundaries.

Attached is a simple model to illustrate my problem.

A rectangular geometry, three boundaries are set to Pressure "P0 = 0", while the right side boudary is set to "Zero flux/Symmetry".

If we check the model, first integrate the source term "Qs = 1" in the subdomain,
Result: Value of integral: 1 [m^2], Expression: 1, Subdomain: all the value is "1".

Integrate "reacf(p)" for all the boundaries,
Result: Value of sum: -1, Expression: reacf(p), Boundaries: all

Which means that the total source term integration in the subdomain equals the flowout flux. There is no problem to this step.

My problem is: When integrate only the zeroflux boudary "4", shouldn't be zero. But the results is not zero.
Value of sum: -0.010335, Expression: reacf(p), Boundary: 4

Could someone help me to explain the reason? Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 25, 2010, 3:25 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xiaogai Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.