Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Non-isothermal flow problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am trying to create a model that is similar to the cold water glass model found within the comsol model library. However, I want to have a temperature governed by a step function at the bottom (which I have) and a cold temperature at the top that I just define in the initial values.

However, when I try to compute the model, an error appears that says that the time-dep solution is not converging, could I get some help with this please!

Thanks

Ross

3 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2013, 10:12 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 18, 2012, 9:53 a.m. EDT
Exact error:

Nonlinear solver did not converge
Time=(arbitrary time)
Last time step is not converged
-FeatureTime-Dep Solver 1 (Sol1/t1)
- Error: Nonlinear ssolver did not converge

Thanks
Exact error: Nonlinear solver did not converge Time=(arbitrary time) Last time step is not converged -FeatureTime-Dep Solver 1 (Sol1/t1) - Error: Nonlinear ssolver did not converge Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 17, 2012, 12:04 a.m. EDT
Same results...Did you figure a solution?
Same results...Did you figure a solution?

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 10, 2013, 10:12 a.m. EDT
Hi there,

I am trying to create a model similar to the cold water glass model found within the comsol model library. However, I would like to change the level of water in the glass, not full.

Help me to solve this problem?
Thanks

Vo Thanh Tung
Hi there, I am trying to create a model similar to the cold water glass model found within the comsol model library. However, I would like to change the level of water in the glass, not full. Help me to solve this problem? Thanks Vo Thanh Tung

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.