Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

workplane and extrude

Thanigaivelraja Mohandass

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here]i am constructing a box with air material and inside the box placing a box of smaller dimension in center made of a metal in 3D. i want to know the POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE , SURFACE CHARGE DENSITY between the top and bottom layer of the box. i seen a electric sensor examle video. in that they made a workplane and extrude option in geometry.

i want to know 1.whatis the purpose of inserting a workplane and extrude option 2.what will be the function performed by the workplane and extrude options 3.by enabling under geometry section what will be the observation i will get from result. 4. chracteristics of workplane and geometry.

2 Replies Last Post Feb 19, 2021, 4:31 a.m. EST

Posted: 3 years ago Feb 18, 2021, 4:07 p.m. EST

Hello Thanigaivelraja,

Workplane is often used to define 2D geometries of any shape that cannot be found in the built-in well-known shapes. For example, you can define triangles, zigzag, tubes, etc. After you finish your 2D design, the Extrude step is used to extend your designed workplane geometry in the 3D space.

Hope this helps, Ayman

Hello Thanigaivelraja, Workplane is often used to define 2D geometries of any shape that cannot be found in the built-in well-known shapes. For example, you can define triangles, zigzag, tubes, etc. After you finish your 2D design, the Extrude step is used to extend your designed workplane geometry in the 3D space. Hope this helps, Ayman

Thanigaivelraja Mohandass

Posted: 3 years ago Feb 19, 2021, 4:31 a.m. EST

Hello Thanigaivelraja,

Workplane is often used to define 2D geometries of any shape that cannot be found in the built-in well-known shapes. For example, you can define triangles, zigzag, tubes, etc. After you finish your 2D design, the Extrude step is used to extend your designed workplane geometry in the 3D space.

Hope this helps, Ayman

Thankyou Sir

>Hello Thanigaivelraja, > >Workplane is often used to define 2D geometries of any shape that cannot be found in the built-in well-known shapes. For example, you can define triangles, zigzag, tubes, etc. After you finish your 2D design, the Extrude step is used to extend your designed workplane geometry in the 3D space. > >Hope this helps, >Ayman Thankyou Sir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.