User-Defined Ports

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Dear Readers,

I am writing you regarding User-Defined Ports in RF-Module:

I would like to feed the 3D-ports of my transmission line (TL) with a user-specified field which I solved for in 2D. Thus, the input/output field of the ports are comp2D.es.Ex & comp2D.es.Ey. The propagation constant in z-direction is 2 pi f0/c_const.

The solver though keeps prompting the error message of Undefined Variables for comp2D.es.Ex & comp2D.es.Ey although I've set up two Study Steps – Step 1: Stationary solving for the 2D-Field Distribution in ES, Step 2: Frequency Domain solving for the 3D EMW-problem.

Does anyone know where my mistake is? Please find the model attached.

Hoping sincerely for your help. Thank you very much!

Best Regards Adil Han Dogan

PS.: This particular idea of User-defined Ports goes back to a friendly fellow here, see https://www.comsol.de/forum/thread/276761/rf-electric-field-with-respect-to-an-applied-voltage :-)

1 Reply Last Post Feb 22, 2021, 6:11 PM EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago Feb 22, 2021, 6:11 PM EST

I guess this problem can be assigned to Multiphysics.

Maybe anyone else here has also tried to use a separately solved for field in a different Physics/Component node.

May I ask you for any suggestions?

I guess this problem can be assigned to Multiphysics. Maybe anyone else here has also tried to use a separately solved for field in a different Physics/Component node. May I ask you for any suggestions?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.