Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of the Closed Chamber Compressed Volume

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Here is a matrix elastomer in which a chamber is embedded in the centre. Now we make it bend so the volume of the chamber will decrease. I have defined two Integration operator on the chamber domain before and after deformation and make a subtraction between them to get the changed volume. The chamber domain is not included in the solid mechanics modular. (Note: Material properties are not defined for the chamber domain). It reminds me that the chamber domain is not meshed so the Integration operator doesn't work. Could you have any valuable solutions or advice for me? By the way, if the chamber is connected to the outer which means that it is open, is there any way to calculate the changed volume? Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Jun 29, 2021, 4:28 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 新亮 王

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.