Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Form Union / Assembly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am fairly new to COMSOL but i am struggling with form union vs form assembly. Is there a way to union some of my objects i have created, and assembly others?

In my problem shown in the photo as you can see the cubes should have a union with the top sheet, and that union should have an assembly with the bottom.

there is a force applied to the top and bottom sheet in the opposite direction. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Jul 14, 2021, 3:40 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Jul 14, 2021, 3:40 p.m. EDT

Hi Kieran,

I would recommend using a Form Assembly in this case. You can then manually form a union with the desired parts under Geometry->Booleans and Paritions->Union.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Kieran, I would recommend using a Form Assembly in this case. You can then manually form a union with the desired parts under Geometry->Booleans and Paritions->Union. Cheers, Alex

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.