Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Off symmetric Point sources in 2d Axisymmetric Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using a 2D axisymmetric module to simulate acoustic waves inside a pipe from a monopole point source. Whenever I chose the location to be centreline of the pipe, it works fine which makes sense because it is axisymmetric. But Now I want to use a monopole point source at location other than the centreline of the pipe. But monopole point source option doesn't work for that. I tried circular sources where I use user defined amplitude which a gaussian pulse for my case, but it does not work as a monpole point source is expected to work.

Can anyone shed some light as to how can I work through this issue?

Thanks!!!

1 Reply Last Post Aug 2, 2021, 9:45 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Aug 2, 2021, 9:45 a.m. EDT

You cannot have an off-axis point source in 2D-axial because it is not compatible with the symmetry. You need to do it in 3D.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You cannot have an off-axis point source in 2D-axial because it is not compatible with the symmetry. You need to do it in 3D. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.