Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Analytic function not able to evaluate i

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am using an analytic function labeled as eps_cu , and i have give then expression for it as eps_real_cu(x) - i*eps_imag_cu(x) , this gives me an error . However , when i remove the i the error vanishes . Im not able to use other alternatives as well like 'j' or (-1)^0.5 Please help me Thank You

1 Reply Last Post Sep 6, 2021, 9:20 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Sep 6, 2021, 9:20 a.m. EDT

Hi Peela,

To be able to use a function that returns complex numbers when using real-valued inputs, open the Advanced section and select the May produce complex output for real arguments check box.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Peela, To be able to use a function that returns complex numbers when using real-valued inputs, open the **Advanced** section and select the **May produce complex output for real arguments** check box. Best regards, Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.