Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two phase flow moving mesh + Electrostatics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to model a contact angle change by maxwell stress tensor using the moving mesh module coupled with the electrostatic (from where the electric field is calculated).

The modules work fine taken separately, but when coupled with the body force, or even without coupling but solved at the same time, the contact angle doesn't change, in fact the system doesn't converge.

Can you tell me if there is any problem in this coupling?

VdV

2 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2013, 10:10 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 20, 2012, 11:26 a.m. EDT
Hi Vito
I am working on the same problem. Actually I used Level Set function and it worked OK, but thickness of interface was an issue. So, I am now starting using moving mesh, but having some problems in the flow.
We can exchange experience. You can email me on aseissa@gmail.com
Thanks
Ahmed
Hi Vito I am working on the same problem. Actually I used Level Set function and it worked OK, but thickness of interface was an issue. So, I am now starting using moving mesh, but having some problems in the flow. We can exchange experience. You can email me on aseissa@gmail.com Thanks Ahmed

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 8, 2013, 10:10 p.m. EST
Hi guys ,
I have the same problem, there is no gravity as a default body force in Two phase flow moving mesh ?
Hi guys , I have the same problem, there is no gravity as a default body force in Two phase flow moving mesh ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.