Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Prestressed time dependent analysis of plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to solve prestressed time dependent analysis for hyper elastic material in which I divide study into two steps i.e. stationary and time dependent.

I applied tensile stress by boundary load in stationary step. Then I used this stationary step as an initial value into time dependent step using “Values of dependent variables” section. When I solved time dependent step I see stress (that I gave in stationary step) is also changing with time. I want to take stress constant throughout my time dependent analysis. How can I do that?

My goal is, I give signal from one boundary in terms of prescribed velocity (in terms of analytic function 2pift) and measure signal in another boundary. I think both signal should change from each other because thickness changes when we apply stresses and signal should reach another boundary in less or more time. But initial stress is also changing with time that is affecting the signal. If I make it constant, problem can be solved.

If anyone knows solution about this problem, please help. I have also added slides with pictures and graphs to make problem easy to understand. Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 30, 2021, 11:41 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rana Raza Mehdi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.