Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wave propagation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all.

I am performing a 2D wave propagation in time domain using peizoelectric effect of structural mechaincs module.

I want to apply a Hanning window function as voltage to excite my PZT. I have apply my excitation signal as follows: sin(2pifo*t)(t[1/s])

Could anyone tell me how to apply this input excitation signal to get appropriate result. Please find the attachment and kindly help me to get the excitation signal.

Many Thanks Himanshi

5 Replies Last Post Oct 24, 2021, 2:15 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 22, 2021, 11:36 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Oct 22, 2021, 11:38 a.m. EDT

Two issues at least:

1. The function entered is a sinusoid with monotonically increasing amplitude, not windowed.
  2. Yellow or orange often means a units problem. Or possibly an undefined quantity. If you hover over the box you will see which it is.
Two issues at least: 1. The function entered is a sinusoid with monotonically increasing amplitude, not windowed. 2. Yellow or orange often means a units problem. Or possibly an undefined quantity. If you hover over the box you will see which it is.

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 23, 2021, 7:40 a.m. EDT

You might want to ramp up the signal, but you are using Electrostatics with is stationary in nature, so I think you have several other things to consider first.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You might want to ramp up the signal, but you are using Electrostatics with is stationary in nature, so I think you have several other things to consider first.

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 24, 2021, 10:23 a.m. EDT

Dear Dave, thanks for your suggestion

Could you please suggest the expression for input excitation signal used to get Hanning window function as voltage to excite my PZT or any wave propagation input excitation signal.

Many Thanks Himanshi

Dear Dave, thanks for your suggestion Could you please suggest the expression for input excitation signal used to get Hanning window function as voltage to excite my PZT or any wave propagation input excitation signal. Many Thanks Himanshi

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 24, 2021, 10:29 a.m. EDT

Thanks for your suggestion about Electrostatic

Could you please suggest what are the several other things needed to consider.

Many Thanks

Himanshi

>You might want to ramp up the signal, but you are using Electrostatics with is stationary in nature, so I think you have several other things to consider first. Thanks for your suggestion about Electrostatic Could you please suggest what are the several other things needed to consider. Many Thanks Himanshi

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 24, 2021, 2:15 p.m. EDT

To model wave excitation from a piezoelectric material you will need solid mechanics or acoustics modules (or maybe MEMS?).

I usually use sin(2pif0t)sin(pif0t/n)*(t<n/f0), n = 3 or so.

To model wave excitation from a piezoelectric material you will need solid mechanics or acoustics modules (or maybe MEMS?). I usually use sin(2*pi*f0*t)*sin(pi*f0*t/n)*(t

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.