Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Far field calculation for 3D structure [Wave-optics module]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am designing an optical Nanao structure that consists of a square pillar on top of a substrate. the structure is surrounded by an air block and all sides of the block are PML. The rectangular port is located at a blow the substrate, please see the attached pictures. How to calculate far-field VS angles plot?

Cheers

Janvit

1 Reply Last Post Oct 29, 2021, 12:57 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 29, 2021, 12:57 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Oct 29, 2021, 12:57 p.m. EDT

Although I'm not familiar with the details of your particular structure, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to compute far-fields in the customary way. Have you ever successfully computed the radiated far field from anything else using Comsol Multiphyics? If so, do this (more or less) the same way. But if not, then I suggest you take a look at (and work through) some of the examples provided to you in the Comsol Application Library.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Although I'm not familiar with the details of your particular structure, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to compute far-fields in the customary way. Have you ever successfully computed the radiated far field from anything else using Comsol Multiphyics? If so, do this (more or less) the same way. But if not, then I suggest you take a look at (and work through) some of the examples provided to you in the Comsol Application Library.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.