Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cooling heat source by air cooling

ิbird phodarmrongkiart

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello help me pls i want to simulation cooling heat source by air cooling i draw the geometry and setting boundary is pictured but it error . i don't know how it solve it

2 Replies Last Post Nov 4, 2021, 8:46 p.m. EDT
Diotima University of Manchester/Material Science

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 4, 2021, 9:07 a.m. EDT

This two picture is not enough for others to know which steps are wrong. But I guess, from your pic, your parameters's setting may have some mistakes. you can re check your data and see where is wrong.

-------------------
I'm the loser student who really want a PHD placement.
This two picture is not enough for others to know which steps are wrong. But I guess, from your pic, your parameters's setting may have some mistakes. you can re check your data and see where is wrong.

Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 4, 2021, 8:46 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Nov 4, 2021, 9:28 p.m. EDT

In addition to Yuyang's comment, you may also try:

1) change the fluid flow module to laminar and see if it works.

2) Use a very small value for the inlet flow and see if it works. You may use a ramp inlet, U_inlet*rm1(t), If the problem is not affected.

3) Change the solver from "Segregated" to "Fully coupled". Also make sure the Jacobian update is "On every iteration" not "Minimal".

4) Play with meshes. Sometimes, using very fine meshes near the singular points cause the solver fail to converge.

If you still get the error message, there should be something wrong with the model implementation or boundary conditions.

Amin

In addition to Yuyang's comment, you may also try: 1) change the fluid flow module to laminar and see if it works. 2) Use a very small value for the inlet flow and see if it works. You may use a ramp inlet, U_inlet*rm1(t), If the problem is not affected. 3) Change the solver from "Segregated" to "Fully coupled". Also make sure the Jacobian update is "On every iteration" not "Minimal". 4) Play with meshes. Sometimes, using very fine meshes near the singular points cause the solver fail to converge. If you still get the error message, there should be something wrong with the model implementation or boundary conditions. Amin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.