Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Normal velocity and thickness of reticular pipes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to output the velocity of a curved surface in COMSOL? I only can find the velocity of three directions X,Y, Z.

2. I would like to create a reticular pipes model but not create the thickness of the pipes. Because the pipes have different thickness. Some of them are very thick and some of them are very thin. Does COMSOL offer a way to input a thickness value with really creating the walls of the pipes? Of course, I would like to assign different material properties to the walls.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post Jul 5, 2012, 3:07 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 5, 2012, 1:26 a.m. EDT
NO?
NO?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 5, 2012, 3:07 a.m. EDT
Hi

you have the normal vectors nx,ny,nz of your boundaries and the vector components Ex,Ey,Ez you can take the dot product or cross product, but you need to write out the equations. Mostly these are fields f(x,y,z,t) so you need still to integrate over some entity to get a scalar

There are thickness components for "thin boundary features, else I like the "layer" geoemtry feature. Material properties apply to domains, BUT also to boundaries, for boundary thin layer effects. Check carefully the doc, it's worth to read the doc several times ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the normal vectors nx,ny,nz of your boundaries and the vector components Ex,Ey,Ez you can take the dot product or cross product, but you need to write out the equations. Mostly these are fields f(x,y,z,t) so you need still to integrate over some entity to get a scalar There are thickness components for "thin boundary features, else I like the "layer" geoemtry feature. Material properties apply to domains, BUT also to boundaries, for boundary thin layer effects. Check carefully the doc, it's worth to read the doc several times ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.