Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cross domain reaction terms: Species in 1 domain influences a separate species in a different domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Previously I was using the global ODE's mathematics module, but due to some amendments that are coming, I really need to revert back to using TDS to detail both species.

Essentially, to simplify the problem, I have two species that. Species 1 exists in domain 1 and species 2 exists in both domains (continuity is assumed between each).

Species 1 will populate domain 1 through a reaction term. Similarly, species 2 will populate both domains through a reaction term also. The reaction term for species 2 is coupled to species 1, such that it influences its behaviour.

Therefore, is it possible to call upon species 1 (existing in domain 1), to influence the response of species 2 in domain 2?

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Alistair

0 Replies Last Post Nov 18, 2021, 6:59 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alistair McQueen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.