Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Propagation of acoustiс wave in solid

Михаил Александрович Филиппов

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I want to simulate propagation and reflection ultrasound wave induced by piezodisk. Piezodisk is located in epoxy compaund. Wave propagate through compaund and reflect from steel plate. I use Solid Mechanics from Elastic Waves and multiphysics Piezoelectric Devices. The single Gaussian Signal is applied to the piezodisk. I use Time Dependent Study. How to correctly define the connections between different solid materials in this case, especially between steel plate and compaund? And can I use the module Elastic Waves with Piezoelectric Effect with time-dependent signal?

2 Replies Last Post Dec 16, 2021, 1:37 p.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Dec 16, 2021, 3:40 a.m. EST

Privet. I don't have the piezoelectric module, but isn't he coupling between the different domains available under the Multiphysics node?

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Privet. I don't have the piezoelectric module, but isn't he coupling between the different domains available under the Multiphysics node?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago Dec 16, 2021, 1:37 p.m. EST

It seems you are doing it all in solid mechanics. In this case you don't need specific boundary conditions between the domains. You finalize the geometry into a union and Comsol is taking care of the continuity. You can do a time dependent study with piezoelectric domains.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
It seems you are doing it all in solid mechanics. In this case you don't need specific boundary conditions between the domains. You finalize the geometry into a union and Comsol is taking care of the continuity. You can do a time dependent study with piezoelectric domains. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.