Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic heating in a multilayered structure

Saina Farrokhpour sani

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to calculate the conduction heat transfer in a 3D multilayered structure of high-index low-index layes of materials( like sio2 and tio2) caused by an incident electromagnetic wave (like sun). First, I should solve it for electromagnetic part to find the Electric field in each point, and then, use the previous result to calculate the temperature distribution. should I use frequency-transient as my step 1 and stationary as step 2? I also used electromagnetic heating as multiphysics. I did not used joule heating because I think it needs a Current.

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 23, 2021, 1:42 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saina Farrokhpour sani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.