Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incident angle port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to simulate an optical diffraction grating and have a problem with the port that is responsible for the wave excitation. I use a parametric sweep to see how the electric field changes with a changing incident angle alpha. I added my file to this post so maybe you could take a look at it.

I expected the waves in the air domain above the surface of the grating to align with the respective incident angle but they don't. However, you can see the electric field changing when clicking through the respective electric field surface plots but I do not understand why it does this wavy movement instead of just rotating. The electric field is polarized in z-direction (out of plane). I already tried this with the same material in the whole model, so reflections do not seem to be responsible for this effect.

Thank you for your help and best regards

Jesco

0 Replies Last Post Dec 15, 2021, 8:34 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jesco Schönfelder

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.