Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining step function as PDE coefficients term

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I am trying to build a model in COMSOL made by four different PDE to simulate heat and mass diffusion inside a porous material. I need to build the model myself to validate results from literature as well as modify some terms for other needs.

I have already defined the equations, however I do have a small difficult to understand how to integrate functions as coefficients.

In particular, I would need to define such function as show in image

step

I am not sure how to define the function itself, but also how to use as VARIABLE of the step function one of the PDE variables.

I hope you can help me out with this!

0 Replies Last Post Jan 28, 2022, 6:38 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniele Usai

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.