Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Enclosed Geometry Heat Transfer in Solids

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to Comsol and am working on modeling a part which features a powered circuit board enclosed in a pill-shaped housing. I am having difficulty establishing the air domain such that I can accurately model heat convection from the board and into the housing. My goal is to model surface temperature of the enclosure. I have modeled the exact internal geometry in SolidWorks, imported this into comsol and assigned its material as air, however this does not seem to be working properly as heat is not being conducted to the surface of the housing at all. Is there a better way to model heat convection to the housing?

1 Reply Last Post Feb 8, 2022, 8:00 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Feb 8, 2022, 8:00 p.m. EST

I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.