Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export solver configuration to Matlab?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

In previous versions of Comsol, you could have exported the solver parameters by adding it to the sequence box. Then copy it to the matlab file. But, since the new version there are shiny boxes there and no text area.

How can I add the solver parameters to my matlab file in 3.5a version?

Many thanks
Danial

5 Replies Last Post May 31, 2010, 8:44 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 5, 2010, 3:06 p.m. EST
Hi

Have you checked the "history file" (if not present turn it on in the parameter settings) the data you are looking for could still be therein, no ?

If not there is also the "save .m file option"

I'm on travel and have no direct access to COMSOL so I cannot check easily

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Have you checked the "history file" (if not present turn it on in the parameter settings) the data you are looking for could still be therein, no ? If not there is also the "save .m file option" I'm on travel and have no direct access to COMSOL so I cannot check easily Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2010, 6:03 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I am facing the same problem with Comsol 3.5a. Using File -> Save as-> Model M-File will not store the solver parameters in the m-file. I also activated Save Model-M File History in the preferences, which did not help neither.

Any idea how to get these solver parameters included in the m-file, so that by importing the FEM structure, all the required parameters and configuration are set to that one can directly start solving?

Thanks for any help.

Alois

Hi, I am facing the same problem with Comsol 3.5a. Using File -> Save as-> Model M-File will not store the solver parameters in the m-file. I also activated Save Model-M File History in the preferences, which did not help neither. Any idea how to get these solver parameters included in the m-file, so that by importing the FEM structure, all the required parameters and configuration are set to that one can directly start solving? Thanks for any help. Alois

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2010, 7:00 a.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure if you get more, but in the preferences there is another Options parameter about printing out all default values, I believ it's on the second tab

Indeed there was a change from 3.5 to 3.5a

Ivar
Hi I'm not sure if you get more, but in the preferences there is another Options parameter about printing out all default values, I believ it's on the second tab Indeed there was a change from 3.5 to 3.5a Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2010, 7:11 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I also tried this already, but it does only output more parameters in the m-file for the different application modes, nothing related with the solver parameters.

It can't be that one cannot completely set the problem in Matlab, and needs to set the solver parameters in Comsol? How can one automatize a parametric study, if the solver parameters needs to be set manually?

Regards,

Alois
Hi, I also tried this already, but it does only output more parameters in the m-file for the different application modes, nothing related with the solver parameters. It can't be that one cannot completely set the problem in Matlab, and needs to set the solver parameters in Comsol? How can one automatize a parametric study, if the solver parameters needs to be set manually? Regards, Alois

Posted: 1 decade ago May 31, 2010, 8:44 a.m. EDT
Hi again,

I was wrong on many points: the solver parameters are indeed stored in the model-m file, but it requires that the simulation is solved successfully. I was solving a model which gives me an "out of memory" error, and saving the model-m file after getting this error would not save the solver parameters. Before solving the model neither, as at that point the solver parameters were not yet used...

Thanks for your help.

Alois
Hi again, I was wrong on many points: the solver parameters are indeed stored in the model-m file, but it requires that the simulation is solved successfully. I was solving a model which gives me an "out of memory" error, and saving the model-m file after getting this error would not save the solver parameters. Before solving the model neither, as at that point the solver parameters were not yet used... Thanks for your help. Alois

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.