Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol batch process killed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I do cluster computing under Linux using command:

comsol batch -job b1 -pname ...

The computation is ofthen but randomly killed with this message: /usr/local/comsol53a/multiphysics/bin/comsol: line 1724: 2774 Killed ${MPICMD} ${FLROOT}/bin/${ARCH}/comsollauncher --launcher.ini ${LAUNCHERINIFILE} ${LAUNCHERARGS} ${MPILAUNCHERARGS}

The line numer is always same. Any idea hot to solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post Feb 17, 2022, 9:00 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Feb 17, 2022, 9:00 a.m. EST

I found this problem to be operating system specific. I run it in Ubuntu on two computers: AMD 16 cores and Intel 8 cores. It crashes at the same simulation step. When I run it under MS Windows on AMD 16 cores, I had no problem.

I found this problem to be operating system specific. I run it in Ubuntu on two computers: AMD 16 cores and Intel 8 cores. It crashes at the same simulation step. When I run it under MS Windows on AMD 16 cores, I had no problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.