Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding data sets to Cut Points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to plot the data from my simulation (time vs temp) and when I add the cut point and try to select a data set, the only option is "none" when I need the data set from my solution. Any idea why my cutpoint has no data set options?

2 Replies Last Post Mar 9, 2022, 1:52 p.m. EST
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 9, 2022, 5:34 a.m. EST

Hi,

It could be because the Cut Point dataset's dimensions don't match the Solution dataset's dimensions. For a 3D solution, for example, you need to use a Cut Point 3D dataset (unless you have some other dataset that has converted the 3D solution to a plane, for example; then you can use a Cut Point 3D dataset with the Cut Plane dataset as the input).

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi, It could be because the Cut Point dataset's dimensions don't match the Solution dataset's dimensions. For a 3D solution, for example, you need to use a Cut Point 3D dataset (unless you have some other dataset that has converted the 3D solution to a plane, for example; then you can use a Cut Point 3D dataset with the Cut Plane dataset as the input). Best regards, Magnus

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 9, 2022, 1:52 p.m. EST

Hello Mya,

One possibility is that your model is 2D and you are trying to create a "Cut Point 3D" dataset, or vice versa.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Mya, One possibility is that your model is 2D and you are trying to create a "Cut Point 3D" dataset, or vice versa. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.