Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrical Conductivity of user defined Doped Semiconductor

Aaron_Hutchins_UML Physics / Optoelectronics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a grated doping profile in several regions of my model defined using the Analytic Doping Model in the Semiconductor Module. I'm now trying to use the RF module to do an eigenvalue sweep, but I need the electrical conductivity signma. The conductivity is of course a function of the doping. How can I specify this in the property list for the materials, or provide a grated electrical conductivity separately to override each region individually? Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply Last Post Apr 7, 2022, 6:31 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Apr 7, 2022, 6:31 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Apr 7, 2022, 6:31 a.m. EDT

You can always use the reserved variables x,y and z to use your own functions to define conductivity distributions if they can be neatily described by analytic functions. You can also import data from another simulation using for example withsol('sol1', emw.Ez) if you want to import the electric field in the Z direction. I don't know what the variable names are of semiconductor physics. In any case, as long as you use the same mesh (haven't tried it with two different meshes yet but i think it can work) you can directly include results from another simulation into your material properties field. if those material properties are already defined for your Semiconductor simulation you can add in your RF analysis a new wave equation volume node applied to the relevant region and then specify a user defined conductivity using the previously mentioned method.

You can always use the reserved variables x,y and z to use your own functions to define conductivity distributions if they can be neatily described by analytic functions. You can also import data from another simulation using for example withsol('sol1', emw.Ez) if you want to import the electric field in the Z direction. I don't know what the variable names are of semiconductor physics. In any case, as long as you use the same mesh (haven't tried it with two different meshes yet but i think it can work) you can directly include results from another simulation into your material properties field. if those material properties are already defined for your Semiconductor simulation you can add in your RF analysis a new wave equation volume node applied to the relevant region and then specify a user defined conductivity using the previously mentioned method.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.