Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add the relationship between electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My question is 1. We are trying to simulate the metal tungsten layer for its electrical and thermal behavior. Does comsol has already consider the relationship between electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity (as Wiedemann-Franz Law) when we input Electric Currents module,Heat Transfer in Solids module and Multiphysics module with electromagnetic heating? Actually, from above those modules, do not observe the equation to correlate between them. 2. If do not consider, how to write the function to consider that? For electrical conductivity, we have already consder TCR effect (as 8.9e6[S/m](1-0.001[1/K]T). But thermal conductivity not, just use default value 174[W/(m*K)]. Thanks.

Best and Regards, Jerry

1 Reply Last Post Mar 30, 2022, 1:13 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 30, 2022, 1:13 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Mar 30, 2022, 1:57 p.m. EDT

Hello Jerry,

1. COMSOL uses the material properties you selected or provided. Unless those properties verify the WF law, the results of the simulation won't be consistent with it either, or at least have no particualr reason to be.
  2. See my response to your other post

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Jerry, 1. COMSOL uses the material properties you selected or provided. Unless those properties verify the WF law, the results of the simulation won't be consistent with it either, or at least have no particualr reason to be. 2. See my response to [your other post](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/306081/in-comsol-how-to-do-to-consider-wiedemann-franz-law-relationship-between-electri?last=2022-03-29T17:52:03Z) Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.