Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use COMSOL functions (analytic) to define user-defined pressure force?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to simulate deformation of a plate loaded with uniformly distrituted load (UDL). Till this point, it is fairly easy to perform the analysis. However, the plate is also acted upon by an external forcing agent which applies a load on botton surface of the plate as a pressure load. This pressure load is dependant of square of how much the plate is getting deformed because of the already applied UDL.

I am fairly certain that this can be achieved using COMSOL function (analytic) which will define this custom force acting on the plate. However I am not sure how to define this COMSOL function and use plate's deformation variable to properly define this forcing function.

I sincerely request you to guide me in this regard. Any prior example where a custom force is defined using COMSOL function (analytic) will also be helpful.

Regards,

Kedar

0 Replies Last Post Apr 5, 2022, 10:45 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kedar Pakhare

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.