Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to obtain SEPARATE integrals for a series of cut planes ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to obtain the integrals of a series of cut planes (created though the "Additional parallel planes" option"). My problem is illustrated in the attached screenshot where you can see a series of 3 cut planes, but COMSOL only outputs a single value when asked to integrate over these cut planes. I could always define independant cut planes, but then 1) the results would not be stored in a single table and 2) it would become extremely tedious if I needed to repeat the process like 20 times or more.

I already searched the forum and it seems that the answer did exist at one point, but now it leads to a broken link.

Please tell me if you don't understand my issue. I feel like I'm not being clear enough in my explanation (english is not my first language btw), because COMSOL Support were unable to give me a satisfactory answer.

Nice day to everyone !

1 Reply Last Post Apr 8, 2022, 8:40 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Apr 8, 2022, 8:40 a.m. EDT

Petr,

one option is to use boolean expressions in the integrand, that only evaluate to true on the specific plane you want to integrate.

Cheers

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Petr, one option is to use boolean expressions in the integrand, that only evaluate to true on the specific plane you want to integrate. Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.