Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

NaN from 2D Cut Point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working to export Ex values from my simulation via 2D Cutpoints. Some of the points that I am extracting values from just produce NaN. When I went back to try to plot these points on the figure directly in COMSOL they won't plot. The little red dot just does not pop up. Has anyone had this happen before? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post May 1, 2022, 10:18 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago May 1, 2022, 10:18 p.m. EDT

Maybe you could post your model, along with telling us exactly where to look to see your particular problem. Perhaps you are trying to plot a quantity which is literally not a number (NaN), or perhaps your point is not actually in your computational space, or perhaps your Cutpoint is not referencing your actual existing solution, or... so I recommend you post your .mph file to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Maybe you could post your model, along with telling us exactly where to look to see your particular problem. Perhaps you are trying to plot a quantity which is *literally* not a number (NaN), or perhaps your point is not actually in your computational space, or perhaps your Cutpoint is not referencing your actual existing solution, or... so I recommend you post your .mph file to the forum.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.