Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can i change material property for each element? if yes, then how?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to import set of data of density variable for topology optimization. i am able to import the data of density variable using interpolation function. I want to multiply this data with material property of each element.

2 Replies Last Post May 17, 2022, 9:50 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago May 9, 2022, 8:55 a.m. EDT

Is it important that it is constant per element?

If not, you can just use the interpolation function as is in the input field for density, and there will be a corresponding variation over the element.

If you want an element constant value, I assume that you want the value of the interpolation function at the centroid. Then you can write an expression like centroid(int1(X,Y)) as input.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Is it important that it is constant per element? If not, you can just use the interpolation function as is in the input field for density, and there will be a corresponding variation over the element. If you want an element constant value, I assume that you want the value of the interpolation function at the centroid. Then you can write an expression like *centroid(int1(X,Y))* as input.

Posted: 2 years ago May 17, 2022, 9:50 a.m. EDT

Thank Henrik

Thank Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.