Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

contact problem

Christoph Scheinecker

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm trying to simulate 2 expanding particles (should be more later on and also in 3D), which are connected by a binder and constrained in a vessel. Therefore I am using an initial strain with an auxiliary parametric to simulate the deformation (only elastic), which should be around 100%, and the occuring stress. I have several problems: 1. While using the contact node, strange things happen like the particles jump around and are suddenly at a completely different place. I tried to solve this with a fixed constraint (a boundary or an inserted middle point) or a prescribed displacement of 0, but that seems to cause some problems with the mesh. Is there a way to fix the particles, so that they stay at the same place while expanding? 2. With the binding material of the particles and the adhesion/decohesion node, i get error messages for everything I do and the particles either don't expand at all or the simulation stops at low values of elastic strain.

I would be very grateful for any hint to solve these problems

0 Replies Last Post May 30, 2022, 11:18 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christoph Scheinecker

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.